Category Theory and Applications
The course is now over. For any question, and if you want to take the exam, please contact me directly.
- Semester: Summer semester (April-June) 2019
- Place: Max Planck Institute, Leipzig
- Lecturer: Paolo Perrone
The lecture notes are available at this link.
- Basic concepts: categories, functors, natural transformations
- Universal properties and the Yoneda lemma
- Limits and colimits
- E. Riehl, Category Theory in Context. Available as pdf here.
- B. Fong and D. Spivak, Seven Sketches in Compositionality. Available as pdf here.
- F. Borceux, Handbook of Categorical Algebra. Cambridge University Press.